Wednesday, February 13, 2013

DVF 2013

I don't often post fashion on my blog, but considering this is fashion week in NYC (and spotting quite a few trendsetters roaming the streets) I couldn't help but browse the fall 2013 offerings. This whole fashion game can leave me a bit overwhelmed, to the point that I just want to run in the opposite direction with a bit of a sour taste in my mouth. Perhaps it's that I'm seeking style in a sea of ever changing trends. Style is timeless and forever. It moves with the body in a way that elevates the integrity of that person. It dignifies them. Fashion I'm not so sure has the same aims. I did however catch my breath at a few pieces in DVF collection. And perhaps it's that Diane Von Furstenburg, herself, has never strayed far from her sense of style and for that reason alone, I'm a bit of a fan. I'm fortunate to own a couple dresses and find that season after season they hold a certain freshness and mobility. These two pieces, from her fall 2013 collection are a beautiful example.


No comments: